Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Gratitude

Last night I soaked up my baby. I squeezed her in my arms, kissed her cheeks until I ran out of chapstick, and held her little hands. I cried because I don't get to do it every day all day- but I'm soaking her up as much as I can and I find I'm living for the hours that I'm with my family. Abe and I curled up together on the couch last night with Gemma and just talked. We just "connected"- the warmth emanating from his arms and his voice as we caught up on our day and oh, how I soaked that up.

That being said, this post is entitled "Gratitude" and so I'm starting a list...

#1-10

an unexpected midnight rocking session with my daughter

the way she snorts after she eats

how her head smells after she's taken a bath

the fat rolls at the top of her legs

the giant smile she meets me with in the morning

the quiet of spindly black trees against pink and purple skies

Rosie and Violet rushing into the bathroom to greet me as I get ready in the morning

heat in my car

the warmth of my mom's house as I drop Gemma off for her 2nd official day of "daycare"

the sympathetic smile my husband gave me as we wearily compared our lack of sleep stories over tooth brushing this morning



and so much more...
Sarah

Want to join me with your own list? What are you grateful for right now? In this moment, take a breath, sense your surroundings, smells, tastes, touches, sounds... and be filled with gratitude. Let me know if you've put one on your blog, I'd love to visit it.

1 comment:

  1. I love this post! I wrote a post about gratitude today on your suggestion. Thanks! I was forgetting to appreciate nearly anything.

    http://web.me.com/riekenbergtwins/Riekenberg_Twins/Blog/Entries/2011/1/8_Gratitude.html

    ReplyDelete

Followers