Tuesday, April 26, 2011

gratitude

This morning, as it rains, I'm grateful- so very tired, but grateful... for a multitude of miracles every day.

rain that is making our big Maple bud

Gemma's laugh in the morning- raspy and hoarse

Abe

Cheeseburgers on the grill

Windows open

The low dull sound of the wind whipping by my classroom window. It's soothing and stills my soul-

A better night last night for Gemma- still awake a lot of the night, but didn't seem to be in pain. Hopefully our change in meds will make a significant difference. Until then... I'm also grateful for the mercy of my students as this tired mama/teacher tries to engage them in exciting ways on a day when she's sleep-walking just a bit! :)

Our pediatrician who jumped right on board with my request to up Gemma's meds to deal with her reflux; who confirmed my suspicions that she was indeed experiencing worsening symptoms; and who really rallied alongside us to get a good night's sleep.

My mom, who continues to deal with Gemma's short naps- I know it's not ideal, but if I can just sleep one night all the way through, napping is next on my list to tackle.

Chai tea in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers