Friday, August 21, 2009

Comfort

Today, I've been sad. I'm sure that I will have many more days like this one before they completely fade, if they ever do. Even amidst my sadness, I see visions of comfort all around me. These are just a few precious comforts that people whom we love and love us dearly have placed around us to comfort us in the quiet, still sad moments.







This is a bible that was a gift to me from my Grandma. She colored all of her favorite verses. I find comfort here not only from God but from my thoughtful Nana, who pored over every page to share her faith with me.





Quite possibly, Rosie and Violet have comforted me the most today. Refusing to leave my side, the two of them follow me everywhere, curl up at my feet, and sleep in my arms. Sometimes, pets just seem to get it.



Yesterday, I took Abe bowling. Yes, you read correctly: bowling. This is his vacation week and I realized it's been filled with 1 ER visit, 2 OB visits, and countless encounters with a teary wife. I thought he should have some sort of fun. I took him out to lunch at McDonald's (I know.. fancy, right?) and then bowling- where he did quite well and I was an embarrassment. Oh well, we had fun. If I could I would have attached the picture from my cell phone of him bowling a strike. It was a much needed respite in a week of sadness.

My husband has been remarkable this week. Words fail to adequately express what Abe has done for me, how he has cared for me, and how he continues to look out for my well-being at all times. As he prays aloud for God to watch over his wife, comfort her body and give her peace- I'm just speechless. I am so blessed.

I've also been really touched by the kind, compassionate, heartfelt, honest, thoughtful, self-disclosing, and encouraging messages I've received from friends and loved ones all over the country. You have no idea the power of your words. Thank you for continuing to walk alongside us.

Hear my cry, O God;

listen to my prayer.

From the ends of the earth I call to you,

I call as my heart grows faint;

lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

For you have been my refuge,

a strong tower against the foe.

I long to dwell in your tent forever

and take refuge in the shelter of your wings. Psalm 61:1-4



Sarah and Abe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers